When we are about to venture into new territory, we all wish we knew the right way to proceed or a roadmap that led us to a destination of success. In reality, it’s never that easy. If you’re starting out in the freight sales agent profession, calling on a prospect is not only a priority – it’s a necessity to establish and grow your freight broker business. And as a freight broker agent, you know that making effective sales calls is the difference between success and failure. You also know it’s not about getting prospects to just come on board. It’s about keeping them actively shipping with you, while offering them great service and the best prices.
So, wouldn’t it be great to know the freight broker’s secret to making a top class sales call? While it may seem simple, it most certainly is not easy. You will have to persevere through rejection and work hard day after day, bouncing back from the challenges of calling prospects. As once homeless then turned professional football player in the NFL and now motivational speaker, Eric Thomas says, “All roads that lead to success have to pass through Hard Work Boulevard at some point”.
85% of Your Financial Success
Research carried out by the Carnegie Institute of Technology shows that 85% of your financial success is due to your personality and your ability to lead, communicate and negotiate. Believe it or not, only 15% comes from technical knowledge. This is exactly the opposite of what the world tells you. We are told that the path to take is to go to school, get a degree and get the knowledge. Unfortunately, this only accounts for 15% of success! What the world doesn’t teach you is the other 85% – how to communicate, negotiate and lead. We are left to figure all that out by ourselves.
What You MUST Do When Making a Sales Call
Earning a prospect’s business by making them feel special and not just being the next name on a long list of sales prospects is the key to being a successful freight broker agent. You need to take the time to learn a bit about your prospect’s business/background, be well prepared before the call and always operate under the conviction that freight broker rock stars consistently do what average freight agents don’t or won’t.
Sales Call Information Sheet & Sales Call Script
To have a no-fail Sales Call, you need a no-fail Sales Call Information Sheet. A good habit to get into, is having a Sales Call Information Sheet that includes these important key details about the company/contact with whom you will be connecting:
- Company name
- Company phone number
- Company fax number
- Main contact name
- First contact name
- First contact date
- Products / Services
- Important information
- Email address
- Physical address
Why is this information so important to know, you ask? The answer is simple: because it’s these key details that will help you later construct a no-fail Sales Script*. And yes, it’s a given that information gathering is hard work but it will ALL be worth it when you plug your information into your Sales Script and become a top-producing, rock star freight agent.
It may sound basic but, in the freight broker business, perfecting your sales calls is the most important thing you’ll do in this profession. When you treat this part of your job with the importance it deserves, invest the amount of time that is necessary to obtain the information you need AND combine it with our no-fail Sales Information Sheet and our no-fail Sales Call Script, you will possess the weapons you need in your freight broker arsenal that will propel you and your freight broker business to accomplish what you had only ever dreamed of achieving!
If you have questions about this report or want more information about the industry’s most respected freight broker agent program, visit www.LogisticDynamics.com or call us today at 1-800-554-3734.
*For a great sample template of our no-fail Sales Call Script, please click here for the Free Report, “How to Be a Freight Broker Sales Call Rock Star”.